Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pork and Potato Bake

 This turned out okay. Not my best and I would change a few things in the recipe. But, it is edible and has decent flavor.





Pork and Potato Bake Recipe
2 Pork Chops
Large Potatoes (I did 2 lg and 2 sm and it was too much, next time I would only use 2 med)
1 cup Chicken Broth ( I had to use more than this because the butter flour mixture was too thick)
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup flour (next time I will only use half of this)

In a saucepan melt butter and season with salt and pepper. Add flour and stir until mixture is light tan in color ( I am not sure of the tan color as the butter turned it yellow), add chicken broth, bring to a boil (mine did not boil because it was too thick).
Dice potatoes into 2 or 3 inch cubes (thin slices would work better to allow them to cook all the way through) and place into a large casserole dish. Top the potatoes with pork chops that have been seasoned with salt and pepper. Pour chicken broth mixture over the pork chops and potatoes.
Bake for 45 min at 375. (cover it, it will cook better, also the pork chops, depending on thickness, may need turned over about half way through so they are cooked thoroughly.)

We also added a side of green beans to make it a complete meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...